We need your help!
Volunteers are the backbone of the Old State Capitol! We need help from regularly scheduled shifts to folks willing to work on a project-by-project basis. Find out more by emailing our volunteer coordinator, Jami Williams, for more information. Please indicate your interest/need in volunteering at the museum in your correspondence. You can also call 225-342-0500.
Volunteer responsibilities are as follows:
· Assist at the front desk with the sign in process
· Greet visitors as they enter the building
· Provide guests with exhibit guides
· Provide basic information about the building such as: location of restrooms, gift shop and elevator
· Assist with "The Ghost of the Castle” show and new exhibits
· Answer questions about "hands-on” exhibits
Students can receive service hours by volunteering at the Old State Capitol on weekends or during holiday breaks. The volunteer coordinator will schedule shifts through a contact person at the school or students can contact the volunteer coordinator directly if approved by the school contact person. Students can volunteer anytime between the normal hours of operation.